Quality Control Technician
Conroe, TX 77304
The Quality Control Technician will perform tests and inspections on all inventory that is received from the manufacturers and from all rework facilities. They will communicate effectively with all suppliers and with the districts to manage the design quality of all products. Non-technical duties will include routine house cleaning of the yard and shop spaces and equipment, cleaning equipment, moving equipment around the yard and participating in various meetings, trainings and development activities.
- Will be reading Engineering drawings and required to measure devices in order to ensure our procedures are being followed when we are doing QC and checking parts.
- Write the required Non-Conformance Report (NCR) for any product not within the designed specifications (material spec or dimensional spec).
- Work closely with the Engineering department to establish QA/QC guidelines as they apply to all products.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Trouble shoot and diagnose problems of equipment
- Ensure the yard and shop spaces are clean and organized
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in good working order
- Safely operate forklift to move equipment around the yard
- Participate in all required meetings, training and development activities
- Ability to communicate, including ability to read, write, and speak English and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools to perform a range of mechanically oriented functions including independent use of heavy-duty handheld and long-handled tools
- Ability to safely navigate the yard and shop work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits to field and operational work areas
- Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
- Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
- Accurate recall of information over short and long-term memory
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Stay alert and focused up including occasional extended work periods
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills including ability to promptly give, and follow, directions when working with others
- Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills including ability to interact productively with coworkers and third parties.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
- Willing to be on call after hours, work extended schedules, including extra days, occasional nights, weekends and holidays.
- 6+ months of stable related work history.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous painting experience