Houston, TX 77073
Position Title: Manual Machinist
Reports To: Production Supervisor
To successfully perform the job of Manual Machinist, an individual must provide quality service to all departments and successfully perform each of the identified key functions and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PRIORITIZED ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for machining and fabricating API (American Petroleum Institute) threaded connections both new and service connections.
• Responsible for manually machining new and repair / service tools as needed by the Manufacturing Manager
• Able to maintain print tolerances down to .001”
• Safely and competently operate overhead cranes.
• Document all dimensional and visual information on machined parts.
• Properly indicate parts on the machines to reduce the number of non-conforming parts.
• Read specifications and manufacturing instructions to insure requirements are met.
• Clean and maintain work area.
• Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
• Assist maintenance in identifying and performing any needed equipment repairs.
• High school diploma or an equivalent GED.
• Professional vocational training as a machinist is a plus but not required.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a machine operator.
• Experience using one or more of the following tools: lathe, milling machine, drill press, vertical/horizontal cut off saw, vertical turret lathe, and horizontal boring mill.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to interpret instructions.
• Competently translate dimensional information supplied by drawings and prints.
• Basic reading, writing, and some advanced math skills required.
• Ability to utilize dimensional inspection equipment to manufacture and service parts.
• Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.