ID/OD Grinder Machinist
Cleveland, TX US
The OD/ID Grinder will set up and operate various OD and ID cylindrical grinding machines. Must have prior experience operating a Heald, Cincinnati, and/or Landis Grinding Machine. This is a Direct Hire position!
Responsibilities will include:
- Loading work pieces into grinding machines.
- Perform specific grinding operations.
- Will have to compute numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjust tools to produce specified cuts.
- Finish surfaces of work pieces, using prescribed equipment, grinding wheels and hand tools.
- Will be responsible for Inspecting and measuring work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications.
- Monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary; stop machines when problems occur.
- Select and mount grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications, using hand tools and applying knowledge of abrasives and grinding procedures.
- Set up and operate grinding or polishing machines to grind metal parts, tools, or work pieces.
- Study blueprints or layouts of metal work pieces to determine grinding procedures, and to plan machine setups and operational sequences.