1418 N Loop 336 W Suite Q , Conroe, TX 77304 Houston, TX 77073
Responsibilities of the Machinist
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
Requirements of the Machinist
- At least 2 - 3 years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Mazak Machines
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to read blueprints and used measuring device