Conroe, TX 77303
BOOKKEEPER POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of the District’s financial record keeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and reconciling bank statements.
- Proficient in using QuickBooks Pro 2018 to create:
- Monthly financial statements
- Cash account reconciliations
- Actual to budget variance reports
- Bi-monthly payroll - direct deposit via Intuit
- Annual and Quarterly District fee invoices
- Vendor payments
- Quarterly payroll reports, W-2s, 1099s
- Set up new employees, customers, and vendors
- Transmit remote bank deposit
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Process employee benefit payments, including insurance, 401(a) and 457 deposits
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes for accounts payable and receivables.
- Comply with federal, state, and District policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll worksheet summary; supported by time sheets
- Assist the external auditor in the annual financial statement audit
- Assist the General Manager in creating the annual District budget
- Assist the General Manager in cash flow projections
- Reconcile QuickBooks transactions to the geographic information system (GIS) platform
- Maintain fixed asset schedules
- QuickBooks experience required
- 5 + years bookkeeping experience
- 5 + years general administrative experience
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of general practices and procedures of payroll processing
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written