2nd Shift Production Supervisor
2nd Shift Production Supervisor Position Summary
Responsibilities include human resource management, shipping, shop floor control, shop floor reporting and equipment maintenance in the production area. This position will directly supervise all full-time members and temporary manpower services required to meet the production schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Opening and closing facility when required.
- Lean Manufacturing Training a plus
- Providing direct supervision for all production members.
- Enforcing fair and equal disciplinary practices to all production members.
- Ensuring timely performance reviews are given to all production members.
- Establishing a comprehensive training program.
- Ensuring standard operating procedures are established and followed.
- Resolving fab issues on the Production floor.
- Inspecting work performed to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Ensuring work performed is in compliance with written safety and ISO 9001 procedures.
- Creating an atmosphere that promotes constant process improvement.
- Maintaining adequate consumable supplies in the production area.
- Identifying and maintaining the tooling, fixtures and dies required by the production area.
- Providing accurate time, attendance, vacation, material usage and quantity completed documentation to the Production Control function.
- Ensuring all preventive and emergency repairs to machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining a clean shop floor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 10 years fabrication experience
- Must have supervisory and management background.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work comfortably with other departments.